I’ve been working on a few projects lately, a couple sewing things, a couple crafts. This journal is the final result of one of the paper experiments I’ve done. It was a simple one, I covered the journal with pages from a magazine, pasting it to the journal cover with Modge Podge. I’ve worked with Modge Podge before and I like it, the only issue I have is that it leaves wrinkles in lighter weight paper. It’s not always a bad thing, sometimes it gives a really cool antique look, but sometimes it’s just not the look you’re wanting.
When I was out of town for a work trip last week, I stopped by a scrapbooking store and picked up some really funky cardboard letters. I decided to use a couple of them as sentcils on the front of this journal.
I’m pretty impressed with the end result! The pictures I chose give a calming feeling and the letters are fun and bold.
This bag is my second project…still in the works. I finished this version, but like everything else I start from scratch, it needs improvement before I put in up for grabs. My intention with this pouch was to make it “expandable”. I decided to go a bit more on the simple side with this one in the end, but I think it will work out with some practice. There’s three Zippies in one, really, a Zippered pouch in the centre, surrounded by two pouches that close with the main big zipper.
It’s hard to know what you should do first on this project. The centre Zippie is attached to the big one surrounding it. I needed to figure out when in the process to sew it; before I’d finished the outer pouch, but before it was completely finished.
I made a small section for credit cards, the middle zippered part and then another section that is the measurements of the main pouch.
Obviously, I still have a bunch of things to figure out, but it’ll be a fun and challenging process!